Our pigs are a mixture of Iron Age, Kune Kune, Pot Belly and Wild Boar.
- Pigs are extraordinarily intelligent. They are curious and insightful animals who are widely accepted as being smarter than young children of at least 3 years of age, dogs, and even some primates.
- Like humans, pigs are omnivores (meaning they eat both plants and other animals).
- Pigs have an excellent sense of smell. A pig’s snout is an important tool for finding food in the ground and sensing the world around them.
- There are around 2 billion pigs in the world.
- Pigs are extremely social animals. They form close bonds with other individuals and love close contact like lying down together.
- Pigs are very clean, keeping their toilet area far away from where they lie down and eat.
- Even newborn piglets will leave the nest to go to the toilet within hours of birth.
- Pigs are pregnant for 3 months, 3 weeks and 3 days.
- Pigs can live for up to 25 years.
Sponsor a Pig
You can help support Patchwork Farm by sponsoring an animal. Find out more here.