Patchwork Farm Volunteer
This exciting oppurtunity will be to participate in the daily husbandry and daily routines of the farm. This will include:
- Preparing feed and water for the animals.
- Clean, disinfect and maintain high standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
- Maintaining enclosures.
- Daily record keeping and completion of all relevant animal paperwork.
- Animal health checks and, when required/instructed, give medication.
- Assist with the handling of animals for routine treatments such as foot trimming and shearing.
- Attend to the exercise, socialising and grooming needs of the animals when needed.
- Assisting with the educational sessions/workshops for our YP or visiting groups.
With the above in mind, we are looking for volunteers who have:
- A keen interest in animals, in particular farm animals.
- Calm and confident with large and small animals or the willingness to learn to be so.
- Good observational skills to notice changes in animals' behaviour.
- The ability to communicate with a range of people (young people, teachers, teaching assistants, carers.)
- Be reliable and have a flexible approach to work tasks allocated and working hours.
- The ability to carry out the role independently with minimum supervision.
- Physically able to carry out practical tasks on a farm.
What you will gain by volunteering with Chailey Heritage Foundation:
- A sense of satisfaction in knowing you are helping others to make a difference
- Enjoyment of meeting a variety of new people and attending some exciting events
- Supporting as part of a rewarding team
- Gaining fundraising skills and event experience
- Opportunity for others to benefit from your skills and experience
If you are interested in joining our incredible team of volunteers, please register your interest using the form on this page.
For an informal discussion please call our People Team on 01825 724444 Ext. 709.