Patchwork Farm Volunteer
Chailey Heritage Foundation is a pioneering charity providing education, care and transition services for young people with complex physical disabilities and health needs, which includes:
- An ‘outstanding’ special school
- ‘Home from home’ residential care for both children and young adults
- A Life Skills Centre and Hub for adults with disabilities
- Support at home and in the community
- A wheelchair accessible farm
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our Farm team.
Ideally we are looking for someone who has a keen interest in farm animals and likes being outdoors, you may also have an interest in assisting young people with disabilities.
We are recruiting for volunteers to cover one or more session per week, Monday-Friday, 2.30-4.30pm, weekly, term time only, but with the flexibility to help cover other volunteer holidays/sickness.
What you will gain from us:
- Training, advice and support
- The opportunity to be part of a rewarding team
- A sense of satisfaction in knowing you are helping others and making a difference
- Enjoyment of meeting a variety of new people
- New skills and experiences
- Opportunity for others to learn and benefit from your skills and experiences
Amongst other things what we would like from you:
- Preparing feed and water for the animals.
- Clean, disinfect and maintain high standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
- Maintaining enclosures.
- Daily record keeping and completion of all relevant animal paperwork.
- Animal health checks and, when required/instructed, give medication.
- Assist with the handling of animals for routine treatments such as foot trimming and shearing.
- Attend to the exercise, socialising and grooming needs of the animals when needed.
- Assisting with the educational sessions/workshops for our YP or visiting groups.
Please Click Here to view the role profile
Chailey Heritage Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults; as such an enhanced DBS disclosure is required.