Weekend Support Worker (Nights)
Location North Chailey, East Sussex
Salary £10.70 - £11.17 per hour
Hours Of Work Friday & Saturday Nights - 11 hours per night
Application Deadline 28 March 2021
We are seeking individuals who are looking for weekend work (Friday night & Saturday night) This could be ideal for someone wanting extra income around other work or as a part time role around studies. Shifts available are 11 hours per night.
Chailey Heritage Foundation is a pioneering charity providing education, care and transition planning for young people aged 3-25 with complex physical disabilities and health needs.
Our aim is to provide a stimulating and inclusive environment where all young people are given every opportunity to make progress towards fulfilment and develop life skills in preparation for adulthood.
We are currently recruiting for Night Support Workers to join our residential night teams. In this role you will be working within a dedicated team of staff and will be responsible for providing personalised support to children and young adults with disabilities in our care.
The Night Support Worker role is hugely varied and challenging and no night is the same as such, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks such as:
- Eating and drinking – learning how different children and young people can be helped to eat and drink safely.
- Medicines – learning how to ensure that the children and young people you work with receive the correct medicine at the right time.
- Epilepsy – learning how to safely manage children and young people who have seizures, and what to do in an emergency.
- Manual handling – learning to use all sorts of equipment with the children and young people while keeping them and yourself safe.
- Intimate care – ensuring that the children and young people’s hygiene needs are taken care of safely and with dignity
- Powered mobility – learning to use powered wheelchairs and other equipment safely, and how to encourage the children and young people to learn to drive.
- Safeguarding – you will be trained to understand all aspects of safeguarding, with an emphasis on what this means for children and young people with disabilities.
Training and support
For all these duties, and more, you will receive first-class induction and ongoing training from qualified professionals, and you will not be expected to carry them out alone until you have been signed-off as competent. This includes supporting you to achieve a level 3 Diploma as a nationally recognised qualification. You will be assigned a ‘buddy’ to guide you on shift, and a mentor will provide regular meetings to make sure that you are confident in your new role; you will also receive support and guidance from your house manager and senior support workers.
What are we looking for?
- Basic knowledge of care
- Literacy & Numeracy skills
- ICT skills
- Communication skills
What we offer
- Competitive rates of pay starting from £10.70 per hour rising to £11.65 per hour following successful probation & appraisals.
- Pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Comprehensive benefits package (please click here for further details)
- Opportunity to work towards a qualification in Health and Social care
- 22 hours per week (2 Nights on a Friday & Saturday)
Chailey Heritage Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults; as such an enhanced DBS disclosure is required.
Chailey Heritage Foundation is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all its young people and staff. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.