Hire the Dream Centre
The DREAM Centre at Chailey Heritage Foundation is a cutting-edge, accessible facility offering a range of theatre and disability sporting activities to young people with physical disabilities. The extensive range of activities and facilities, together with our friendly team, means we can tailor experiences for everyone. All our facilities are specialised to suit the needs of people with complex disabilities.
Our facilities include:
- Sports court – an indoor, five-a-side sports court which can be used for Boccia, wheelchair football, table cricket, new age curling, athletics, dance and more. We are a centre of excellence for Boccia which means we can host league matches. There are spacious changing rooms and full body hoists to help manoeuvre the young people.
- Stage area – large space with a stage and seating area (150 audience) for drama and performance art; presentations and award ceremonies; lectures and exhibitions; cinema and multi-media. The stage can be used in its entirety or divided into two rooms using semi-automatic partitions.
- Trampoline – built into the stage, trampolining is a fun way to provide opportunities for movement, therapeutic exercise and recreation. Rebound therapy has many benefits including spatial awareness, increasing movements, sensory awareness and many more.
- 4D immersive zone – integrated in the stage, this space will enable young people to virtually experience things they may never get to experience in real life. With life-sized videoscapes, smell and touch experiences and adjustable lighting effects, the young people will experience engaging environments as part as themed learning. These scenarios are tailor-made to the theme chosen.
The centre can be booked out for:
- Sports e.g. Boccia, wheelchair/walking football, table cricket
- Personal training
- Yoga, pilates and meditation sessions
- Rebound therapy
- Amateur dramatics
- Sensory sessions
- Educational teaching sessions
The facilities can be used by people with disabilities and by the non-disabled. Please note you will need to provide your own trained staff as our staff are not included in the hire.
Please get in touch about what you would like to hire the space for and we will do our best to accommodate your needs. If you’re interested in hiring the DREAM Centre, please complete the facility enquiry form with as much detail as possible.