Chailey Heritage School
Chailey Heritage School is open and we have over 50 pupils still attending school. We have covid secure measures in place, as inspected and approved by the Health & safety Executive, and believe we are as a safe as we can be, although, of course, we can never eliminate all risk.
Please find a brief summary of Covid measures:
- There will be fewer occupants of each teaching space than usual, giving greater social distance. The room-plan has been agreed with Clinical Services.
- There is a conference call with the NHS and Director of social care plus other important CHF staff every Monday morning, and more often when required. NHS managers can be contacted at any time. Information and advice is shared and issues/concerns discussed.
- Hands-on staff will wear the appropriate PPE at all times when in contact with yp. All staff are well trained in hygiene measures and adhere to the guidance.
- When suctioning or undertaking other aerosol generating procedures, staff will wear enhanced PPE including an FFP2 mask and visor. This will be done in an area away from other yp.
- Nurses and therapists and other NHS staff will wear appropriate PPE.
- If necessary, due to low numbers of pupils, some staff may be put on a rota, to keep the number of adults on site to a minimum. If necessary, due to low numbers of staff, some pupils may be put on a rota so that we have safe staff-pupil ratios.
- Drop off and pick-up will be outside the buildings. Our staff will come out to receive yp, and will sanitise the wheelchair and equipment as necessary before entering the building.
- Rooms and equipment are cleaned and sanitised regularly. Yp will not share items such as toys and books. Larger items, for physiotherapy for example, are disinfected thoroughly between users. There is guidance displayed in each dept. (See ‘Covid secure learning environment’ risk assessment.)
- There are individual, NHS approved, risk-assessments in place for activities such as hippotherapy, aquatics, rebound etc.
- Parents will be asked to keep their child at home if they or their child has any Covid-like symptoms. This may be due to a common cold but parents are urged to be cautious.
- Staff and parents are asked to adhere to lock-down rules.
- Any member of staff with symptoms will isolate and access a test as soon as possible. School will have a stock of lateral flow tests for regular on-site testing to detect asymptomatic carriers. Positive results will be followed up with isolation and a PCR test.
- We keep staff movement around the site, and contact with other adults and children as minimal as possible.
- Visitors are kept to an absolute minimum and if there is a necessary visit, they are required to wear PPE and keep a safe distance from any yp.
We are keeping abreast of the latest guidance and will continue to update families.