I trust your Christmas brought you some peace and relaxation. As you will be aware we are now in a period of National Lockdown due to the increasing number of cases (and associated case rate per 100,000). We continue to track this rate on a daily basis within the department, and use this to inform current and future thinking around the provision of services.
You will all be aware that we implemented strict bubbling controls and significant changes in the delivery of our services to ensure they could continue to offer support to you all during this time. Having evaluated the guidance in place from the government, I can now confirm the approach for the services effective from the 4 January 2021 –
- Pathways will continue to operate its services for existing people as planned. Those in transition will see services paused as we focus on ensuring those we support currently have as much support as possible when they need it.
- Those who have not re-commenced Pathways as a service will now be subject to a re-assessment as it will be almost 12 months since the start of the pandemic, and so their service will be paused pending the outcome of this and the availability of staff with the relevant skills.
- The LSC will be closed to those who are supported externally with their own PA’s. (With the exception of a limited number of Hub individuals).
- The Café will remain open for takeaways only for those who visit The Foundation for a specific purpose i.e to attend the Hub.
- The Hub will remain open for those supported by CHF staff, and for a limited number of people who bring their own PA’s. Those currently in transition are still able to attend, but accepting referrals will be paused at the moment to limit numbers of people.
- Those who have not re-commenced the Hub as a service will now be subject to a re-assessment as it will be almost 12 months since the start of the pandemic, and so their service will be paused pending the outcome of this and the availability of staff with the relevant skills. Please be reassured that no one has lost their place at the Hub if they have not attended; we need to be careful in allowing other people to return and evaluating the total numbers of people at the Foundation coupled with having up to date health information about each person.