Activity & Engagement Coordinator
An exciting opportunity to join our Futures Life Skills Centre as Activity & Engagement Coordinator working 35 hours per week.
In this new role you will provide session cover to various areas within the Life Skills Centre which includes, Multimedia, Arts & Cooking. You will plan, prepare and deliver a diverse range of activities whilst promoting a healthy, safe and caring environment.
The role will be essential in providing recreation, engagement and development opportunities, all through enjoyable activities for the young people we support.
You will be a caring and compassionate person with a creative approach with lots of energy to engage and motivate others. Excellent communication and presentation skills are essential in ensuring the delivery of these sessions.
Every year we support hundreds of children, young people and their families by providing a range of world-class services, especially catering for those with a neurological motor impairment, such as cerebral palsy.
Our aim is to provide a stimulating and inclusive environment where all young people are given every opportunity to make progress towards fulfilment and develop life skills in preparation for adulthood.
You will be responsible for the following key tasks:
- Providing cover for sessions across the Life Skills Centre
- Providing support to Children & Young people with complex disabilities to help them learn, develop and flourish
- Plan a wide variety of fun and engaging sessions/activities for all abilities and interests
- Support managers in the development of activity clubs
- Lead and direct Support Workers and Personal Assistants to ensure a positive experience during the sessions
- Promote the activities via newsletters and publications to ensure maximum engagement
- Provide daily feedback to parents and carers
Above all, we are looking for an individual who possesses:
- Previous experience of working with children and/or adults with disabilities
- Experience in arranging and delivering social activities
- Good administrative and customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate using a range of communication aids
- Leadership and decision making skills
- Ability to achieve certification within Food Hygiene and Sensory if required
What We Offer
Competitive rates of pay starting at £18,447 rising to £19,618 (£10.14 to £10.78 per hour)
Opportunities to further develop your career via training and development
Company pension scheme
Up to 23 days paid holiday
- Appreciation Awards
To download the full job description please click here.
Closing date: Friday 27th July 2018
If you feel you have the skills and experience required please apply below, we would love to hear from you!
Chailey Heritage Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults; as such an enhanced DBS disclosure is required.
Register and apply for a vacancy
If this is your first application please register to manage your job applications